Thread: June 10
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Thanks one and all for the kudos on the comic. I had a lot of fun putting it together. Since the episode and the fiver should both already be familiar, I tried putting in some visual jokes to add to the humor, which I think worked out well.

I'd also like to thank some others for their help in the comic fiver:

First, the GIMP for being free, free, and easy to use, er, -- well, not being overly difficult -- that is to say, uh, free. (And crossplatform.) And once I figured out how to make triangles for the speech bubbles, things went pretty quickly.

Second, Google Images for helping me find pictures of Sugar Daddies, Rikki-tikki-tavi, Jungle Book characters, olive branches, and various and sundry other pictures, not to mention maybe half of the actual screenshots for the episode until I finally bit the bullet and learned how to make screenshots on my own, which brings me to....

Totem Movie Player, or whatever it's called, for Linux, which allowed me to make screenshots. I have a few issues with the way in which it actually made the screenshots, but whatever, it worked. Stupid Dell decided to disable PowerDVDs screencapture function.

Also, of course, to Tommy Kvarsvik for his earlier comic adaptions, me for my fiver, Zeke for Five-Minute Voyager in general, the DS9 Cast and Crew for the original episode, Gene Roddenberry for Star Trek, Thomas Edison for TV, the Roman Empire for discovering America in the first place, and Alexander the Great for just being an all-around great guy.

Oh yeah, and to my wife for putting up with me while I was so intently working on this.