View Single Post
Old 09-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Back on track for a sec...I think LOTR:TTT is really very well made, and entertaining, and not just because of the elves and hobbits and men. The movie is, in fact, an actual film, I think, not just something of entertaintment(not that that's bad...POTC is a movie, but still good and fun), but a peice of art that happens to be popular, that a lot of effort, time, and artistry went into.

Now, of course there are lots of good films that are made on a shoestring budget, and lots of bad films that are made on a huge budget, but...there's this guy in my program that says that the LOTR series is stupid and bad because Peter Jackson "sold out" and actually made a lot money doing LOTR. So, it raised an interesting question...is making a great movie, in fact a great FILM, which happens to make a lot of money, mean it's bad, because it's popular and not "indepentant"? (that was his argument-popular=bad)

Okay, so away from my late-night ramblings, and back to the subject at hand of...discussing what the subject at hand is...or whatever...[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003