View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 05:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to antodav

Since it's an integral part of my scheme to eventual galactic domination anyway, I too must throw my hat into the ring and run for ExecProd of the Star Trek franchise (hey, it's what I eventually dream of doing anyway)

*ehem*

There is only one man who can rid the Star Trek franchise of the evil schenanigans of Boss Rick Berman!
One guy in crowd: Hooray!

I am speaking of course of AN TO DAV (myself) the fighting trekker, the friend of the writing man, THE NEXT EXECUTIVE PRODUCER OF THIS FRANCHISE! I enter upon this campaign...

WITH ONE PURPOSE ONLY! To point out, and make public, the stupidity, the downright villiany, of Boss Rick Berman's political machine!

Now in COMPLETE CONTROL of the government of Trek!

I make no..."campaign promises"...because until a few minutes ago, I had no hope of being elected
(since I wasn't running).

*the crowd laughs*

Now however...I have something more than a hope (the pity of others). And RICK BERMAN...Rick Berman has something less than a chance.

*the crowd cheers and laughs*

Every straw vote (consisting of myself), every independent poll (well, except for the one on the Commodore thread)...shows that I'll be elected!

*cheers*

Now I can afford to make some promises!

*laughter*

The working fan....the working fan...and the slum child, watching Trek on the back of a cardboard box....know they can expect my best efforts in their interests! The decent, ordinary Trek fans know that I'll do everything in my power to protect the underpriviliged (those who don't have UPN), the underpaid (those who can't afford Trek DVD sets), and the underfed (those who only get to watch Trek once a week)!

*cheers*

My fictional 8 year old son: Mother, is pop executive producer yet?
My fictional, gorgeous wife: Not yet, junior.

Well, I'd make my promises now...if I weren't too busy arranging to keep them (bribery, prostitution, etc....).

*laughter*

Here's one promise I'll make! And Boss Rick Berman knows I'll keep it: my first act as executive producer of the Trek franchise...will be to appoint a special smarmy trial lawyer (like my buddy, John Edwards) to arrange for the inditement, persecution...err prosecution...and FLOGGING...of Bosses Rick Berman and Brannon Braga!

*cheers*

*Rick Berman watches from the rafters above me, scheming, and puts on his hat as he walks away to plot my demise*...

YES! I'm in...now I just hope nobody finds out about the affair I had with that singer from the town hall in Trenton, New Jersey....

Antodav

P.S.: If you didn't get the joke behind this post, you really need to watch classic cinema some more.