Thread: Blank thread
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 06:55 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It fell into the void of "Hey, wait a minute, CafePress sucks." I had a CafePress store I was experimenting with, but it would have been basically pointless because CP's base prices are so high. To make a profit of, say, $5 on each item, I would have had to charge upwards of $20 US for a T-shirt. CP also introduced new fees that basically made it completely unprofitable to run a low-traffic store.

There are alternatives, though -- and if you guys are interested in 5MV merchandise, I'll make checking them out a higher priority. Just keep in mind that I can't use copyrighted material on anything I sell. The clock logo is okay, for example, but not the 5s with ships on top. If there's interest, I'll start a thread for talking about what items you guys would want, and what you'd want on them.

As for books, I thought about that even before I thought of T-shirts. If I approached a publishing company, the problem would be that I might have to do some stupid copyright-protection thing like changing the characters' names, like Sev Trek or the Star Wreck series. The other way to do it would be desktop publishing; I think that way I could print whatever I wanted as long as I didn't sell at a profit. [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] season 1 is probably what I'd start with.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction