Thread: Blank thread
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 06:34 AM
Infinitely prolonged

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Here's a random thought: has anyone considered putting together a book? [/quoteost_uid0] [iost_uid0]I've[/iost_uid0] thought about it. It's a great idea, IMHO, but one which would be hard to do.

Considering how many references a fiver can make to another show, you may have to ask permission of five corporations or more for a single fiver. (note that I am no expert on copyright law, and have no idea about any of what I just said. I'm just guessing there'd be difficulties like that)

Then there's the question of which fivers to publish. As Voyager looks to be the first series finished, those fivers would be logical. But Voyager was the first series started too. I wouldn't be surprised if some authors of early Voy fivers are hard to track down now. If you assume that everyone included wants to get royalties, it could get difficult.

Another option would be a 'best of' compilation. It could include all the TJIs, Paneldemonium, Sleapers, and some of the best fivers by staff members (and maybe ::cough:: selected guest authors? Â )

And as an alternative to trying to convince a normal publisher that a 5MV book is worth the effort and the risk, we could consider a self-publishing company. It may not have a large market, but you wouldn't expect a [iost_uid0]lot[/iost_uid0] of people to be interested in such a book anyway. I remember reading an article about self-publishing websites. It recommended a few good ones. If only I could find the article...

Anyway, these are just some thoughts. I [iost_uid0]would[/iost_uid0] like to see a 5MV book, or any 5MV merchandise, for that matter.[/colorost_uid0]

Candace: (gasp) The square root of 'soon' is 'never'!

The Doctor: It was all in the job title: Head of human resources.
Lance: This time, it's personnel.

To God be the glory. ><>