View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira
But since then, I've developed a much more discriminating taste for movies that are sprung from creativity (Zach Braff's Garden State, The Life Aquatic, or just about anything from Pixar) or from a true love of the material (Peter Jackson's LotR trilogy and, I expect, the upcoming King Kong).
I know what you mean, Kira. I too have developed a very discriminating taste since I'm no longer around my college friends who would drag me to the movie theater once a week and make me watch whatever was being put out.

Er, that is to say, uh, I only like intelligent movies that are both deep and culturally relevant. No, wait, I don't catch those either. Hm, I really don't watch many movies anymore. I think the last movie I saw in a theater is The Incredibles (Aside: Pixar's new movie doesn't look terribly interesting, but Pixar has gained such a level of respect and trust from me, that I'm willing to go see it anyway).

But I think I'll go see Episode III anyway. I'm not going to fight for an opening night seat, and it's possible I won't make it there until it's in the dollar theater, but I do think I'll go see it at some point, just to say I've seen it. After that the only movies I expect to watch this year are going to be Serenity whenever it decides to be released and, of course, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which I may even see about camping out for tickets for.