View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
This is exactly what I don't get about you BSGers. Good episode, sure, but how can you possibly claim it's brilliant or groundbreaking? This kind of episode works a certain way; we've seen it with DS9's "The Sacrifice of Angels," with B5's "Endgame." "Exodus II" did nothing special. It was entertaining, it moved the pieces where they needed to go, and that's it.

Yeah, I like clever and twisty shows as much as anyone, but sometimes big action bits can do it too...
I still remember sitting and watching Sacrifice of Angels in totally disbelief... This was the bit that so many storylines over the years had worked up too....It was kinda a release. Like shaking a fizzy drink, then finally opening it. I think of them as special episodes. Many shows have them. That one big exciting episode, that any non-fan wouldn't have a clue what was going on, but you, would sell your soul to see...
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------