View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 08:11 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

I didn't mind it too much. It was a little silly, and different, and maybe it didn't quite work this time, but look at Buffy. They did two 'Weird' epiosdes(Hush, Once more with feeling), taking a chance, it paid off. Doctor Who took a chance...and ok, maybe it wasn't quite what they hoped, but nobody can say they aren't trying different things!
One pity for me was (Kinda my own fault) I read that Jackie was to travel in the TARDIS this time. I would have like to seen that. I enjoy new people, not used to space travel, seeing these things.
Having people come in to the TARDIS, a strange tiny box, that turns out to be HUGE on the inside with endless corridors and rooms packed in it, and can travel to any time/place in the known Universe and show you wonders you never before imagined, well after a while it gets annoying when they just toss out "Oh one of those old TYPE 40's? They still around?"

Just read the post before me, and wanted to add. The Sonic Screwdriver - it's starting to grate on me too. I understand it can pick most locks. I understand sometimes it can be...'Jury-Rigged' to do extra things. But now it seems every episode it's killing baddies, blowing up stuff....... In short, I love the S.S - Please can they stop killing it!
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Burt; 06-19-2006 at 08:16 PM.