View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

1) Soup? Pfft. No matter how enticing Nintendo tries to make potion-like fluids, I'll always prefer filling my bottles with fairies.

2) Concerning Zelda continuity, I think the most sensible approach to take, really (in spite of my fairly practical timeline) is to consider the title thoroughly. We aren't talking about a history. We are talking about a legend. We're talking about stories passed on over a multitude of generations, probably orally, where details get changed many times over in the retelling. The continuity of the games is pretty easy to reconcile when you think of it in these terms. There were originally a small handful of tales, which were elaborated on in different ways, adding and subtracting characters, almost all including Link, Zelda, and Ganon(dorf). Some versions have Link leaving Hyrule afterward, some do not. Some speak of subsequent Links or previous Links, others do not rely on them. Exactly the sort of detail fudging that generally occurs through any great oral storyretelling.

3) .... uh .... Go Adama!

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!