Thread: December 20
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 11:26 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default December 20

Exciting stuff first, boring stuff afterwards. New fiver! Here's Derek's take on the third Smallville episode of Season 5, "Hidden."

Now the boring stuff, if so it be, which consists of two parts: what The Plan is, and why it changed. First of all, the reason the Smallville event has been moving so very, very slowly is stupid, but easily explained. As with several past events, especially subsite relaunches, I wanted to include a surprise contribution from me. Inexplicably, it hadn't yet gotten through my head that I always screw that up. So between not having my fiver ready and general site-related frustration (see previous newspost), I put off ending the event.

However, this did at least lead to good timing. The plan now is as follows: with six fivers left in the event, we'll be posting one a day till the 25th, where we'll wrap up with the seasonally appropriate "Lexmas." If I manage to finish my fiver, it'll be included, and if not, it won't. This works well because I don't have as much time online now that I'm back in Ottawa, so one-fiver updates are just what the doctor ordered.

Finally, a quick note on what's coming after the event: there are three things I'm hoping to do as Christmas presents of sorts for the 5M.net community. They're things which have been a long time in coming and the subject of much popular demand. Of the three, only one will probably be possible before I return to Waterloo, but maybe not. Feel free to speculate on what these things are. I will confirm or deny nothing.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction