View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 03:26 AM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

And here, I own a PSP. You, my friend, are the fanboy here.

Nintendo can hardly be faulted for sticking watch batteries in their cartridges to save data. Cartridges are expensive enough as it is (which is why Sony and Sega switched to CD-ROMs in the fifth gen, and everyone moved to DVDs in the sixth gen). Solid state data storage was around then, but it has only become relatively cheap in the past few years -- and as such, the DS has the first cartridges which save data that way. Those batteries allowed you to get your games at reasonable prices. Not something worth complaining about. And I picked up a bit to open the cartridges for about 5 bucks. Makes things pretty easy, though you do lose your old data.

As for shortcuts, I dare you to find other publishers who don't do the same thing. Nintendo is way better than most (and GoldenEye isn't Nintendo anyway).

But let's talk about Nintendo quality another way. You can drop a gamecube off your roof and it'll probably still work. You can leave a game boy advance in your yard for a few days, run it over a lawn mower, and it will still work. Meanwhile, X-Box 360s overheat and Sony's power cables explode.

Yeah... I'm really not seeing any problems with the term "Nintendo quality".

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!