View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 02:51 PM
...and not cowardly

Default when did I start?

I started watching TNG when I was in high school (mid-90's), loved it but I was never really a HUGE fan. I remember there would be times when I thought it kinda boring at times, so I never really followed the storylines. I don't remember the first time I saw DS9, but I do remember that it hooked me from the start. Unfortunately, school, travelling and bad TV scheduling made it impossible for me to follow what was going on. I would get patches here and there, and I remember staying up late to see the season finale, even though I didn't know how things had gotten to that point. That kinda sucked, because I knew how it all ended but not how it happenned. Thank goodness for Netflix is all I can say, since I just worked my way through the entire series over 6 months, and it cemented its position as the best trek ever. I need to check out Voyager as well, it never held me too much but it was sure better than Enterprise...

I love all the dark episodes and all the mirror episodes before season 6. They totally dissed the mirror universe in season 7, I guess everyone was kinda mailing it in at that time...

The ones that stuck in my memory the most were "Inter Armin Silent Leges", "In The Pale Moonlight", the first half of the finale, "Duet" (one of the best episodes of any series on TV, sci-fi or otherwise), and one that flies under most people's radar. I don't recall the episode name, but it's the one before the season 5 finale, where Jake and Nog try to buy the baseball card from the scientist who is afraid of the "Souless Minions of Orthodoxy". That was a nice respite before the conflict following.

Too bad we'll never see a DS9 movie, but thanks to the Rebirth books and fanfic, it lives!