Thread: September 5
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:56 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I had a lot snarkier version all ready to post. Give me credit for a little restraint.

I would use all caps if it wasn't rude in the extreme, but seriously, never use dates unless you're willing to figuratively swear on a Bible in the Supreme Court. Never ever ever. We understand Real Life, we understand Things Coming Up, but I don't understand a webmaster of your caliber still falling prey to faux pas like this. It's beneath you. Just don't say "I'll post on day X," then get all mad when day X arrives, nothing is posted, and we feel betrayed. Just reassure us that you are still here. That's all we want. There are untold websites that I've been to that haven't been updated in years, and the News area still acts like updates are occurring when they aren't and never will happen again.

Oh and please stop it with the "probably" day X's too. It raises our hopes just as much as if the "probably" wasn't there.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.