View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt
Default Twinkle Twinkle little....Star? Comet? Invading Alien fleet?

I guess it's a rather long shot, and confined to England, but I saw something really weird on Wednesday.
I was driving home around 8.30 down on the South East coast (Near Brighton) and I saw what at first looked like a tiny little round fire (Ball?) in sky, really high, in the South direction. At first I guessed it might be a plane, and it could be flashing because of sunlight reflecting off it (the sun was kinda bright as it was setting). It also had a streak coming from behind it, like some planes do. Looking at it closer though, the streak was really, really black. Unusual I thought. Then the little fire thing just...went out, as it was moving through the sky a few seconds later.
I parked up, and saw 3 more of these things, over the course of two-three minutes, moving quite slowly (they were very high looking) with black trails behind them, which all went out after a bit.
Anyone with any ideas?
Now I pretty used to Astronomy, so I know what a Meteor looks like, though I can't say I've ever seen a Meteorite. The only thing I can guess, is it was something burning up in the atmosphere - Debris maybe?
If anyone saw anything at this time, be cool to know. And If anyone has seen anything like it, again, be cool to share.
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------