View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Trek 11 is canon, but a different universe. One that I don't particularly care for. If they're going to cover their butts and say that all the old stuff is still canon, I'm going to take them at their word and treat all the old stuff as canon.

And by the by, even if people get confused and think that Nero is an "evil Vulcan", does that undermine any part of the plot, particularly? How much time does 11 spend on the Vulcan culture itself, particularly?

It still annoys me that Vulcans MUST be seen as "good" at all times and such a concept as an "evil Vulcan" must never EVER enter people's heads. Vulcan's aren't allowed to be evil? Klingons are allowed to have both good and evil portions to their society, Romulans are allowed to have both good and evil portions to their society, HUMANS are allowed to have both good and evil portions to their society! Why not Vulcans? Since when does "logical" mean "good"? Does nobody remember T'Pring?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.