View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Fans have named David Tennant the best ever Doctor Who in a poll, beating Tom Baker into second place.
Or, it's the fact that Dt is the current and latest doctor, and many of the fans now are young and stupid and vote for the latest one. Or because he's 'cute' or because they don't even know anyother doctors... Nothing against DT though.

I did watch 'The Three Doctors' again last night, (effects still as bad as ever) But boy was it good. Pertwee was great. Troughton too. I loved the way they played off each other. Like moody brothers. There were friends in real life though!
But anyway, thats the kind of doctor I liked, grandfather like but still young and funny. And kinda 'grand' speaking...with secrets in him....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
The thing that surprises me about this is not that DT is on top but that Peter Davison is way down the list. Sometimes I feel like the only Fifth Doctor fan on Earth.
I'm not a big fan of him, but don't mind some of his episodes. To me, though, the thing is this. There's a poll on another website about which doctor, on the TV (Medical, not 'The doctor') would you want to be treated by, in you were in trouble. Out of a bunch of them (JD from scrubs, Some from ER, etc)Who wins? House! The man that seems to have no morals! I was chatting to a friend and she said it's probley because people feel that he will do anything to save a patient, and you feel safe with him - like he knows everything. I think Pertwee and Baker played it a bit like that....always knowing everything and a quality that would make you feel safe even when the worst is happening. Davison...well I'm not so sure....
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Burt; 12-07-2006 at 05:21 PM.