View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 06:44 PM
You just activated his Trek card

In STVI the Federation President talks about evacuating Kronos within 50 years....

PNQ: Was Kronos really evacuated to another planet and the Klingons decided to name their new homeworld Kronos, or did the scientists figure out how to save the ozone layer so an evacuation wasn't needed?

Unlike the stupid situation with Vulcan, I can buy that the Klingons would name their new homeworld after the old one. However, the amount of construction that would be required for the new capital (the First City, FYI) to reach its TNG size in only fifty years is absurd, and there are landmarks linked to Kahless in the TNG era that still exist.

Then again, perhaps the planet was evacuated, the atmosphere was "rebooted" by Federation technology toxic to humanoids, and then the Klingons returned when it was safe.

Then again, I'm not sure of the technological level of the age of Kahless. The book implies something akin to the nomadic tribes of Russia in the 19th century with reasonable forging technology. Not much technology is mentioned.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.