Thread: So um?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 11:04 PM
You just activated his Trek card

"Pleased to be of service"

I never said that the movie was the best incarnation, I said that upon reflection and multiple viewings it's not that bad. I watched the series again afterward and would still prefer that. It's like these recent remakes. The new Parent Trap can't hold a candle to the old one, but that doesn't make it a bad movie. Ditto with Herbie and all the rest.

Arthur: I didn't like how fast he got acclimated to the hitchhiking lifestyle. Simon Jones spent four episodes totally flabbergasted about everything and it wasn't until Milliways that he seemed to be in stride.

Trillian: Any characterization is better than none. Any at all. In the series what does she have? A degree in math and another in astrophysics, two white mice, and absolutely horrible taste in men. At least in the movie we saw the quirky side that would latch onto the hitchhiking lifestyle.

Ford: He did the best job he could given the circumstances. I never really thought that he got the best deal on the cast. He rescues Arthur and uses a towel, but couldn't they have at least had him scribble down ideas for Guide entries or something?

Zaphod: The movie version is absolutely awful. He's supposed to be vain, clueless, and insenstive, not menacing or bipolar. That was stupid.

As an aside, is there really a definative right or wrong to the great lightsaber vs. lightsabre debate?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.