View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 08:17 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
So I'm watching an SF Debris review and I'm reminded of the fact that they were going to kill Kim and not Kes during "Scorpion."

PNQ: What future plot possibilities do you see if Kes had stayed?

I mean, she would've had to have a kid this time around, but she wasn't with Neelix anymore and Tom was with Torres by now. So who? The odds of finding another lost Ocampan colony out here a la "Homestead" seem remote. My mind wanders to Chakotay, that would be an interesting development. I wonder if someone has written that fanfic yet. There's drama to be milked from Janeway losing a man that she cared for to her "daughter."

How would her relationship with Seven go? It stands to reason that she'd be empathetic to Seven's journey to discover her humanity.

Another possibility is how her new dynamic with Neelix would lead to her trying to smooth out some of Neelix's rough edges. You know, at the start she could see no wrong in him, she was so starstruck that she was blind to his faults. But now that she's matured and they're no longer together, she's able to see all of what he is. And relationship or not, there are few people who could make Neelix change as fast as she could.
Interesting ideas, that would be one way to change Neelix's character if the showrunners understood how much people hated him.

I think Chakotay is out of the question. The power and maturity differences are too much. I also can't see him attracted to her that much honestly. Kim would be a match on both counts, but probably a blander relationship to write for.

They could find another Ocampan colony, but the father coming along would mean more money and scenes for yet another character, and a one-and-done romance would be pretty blatantly just to give her a child because they thought she needed one.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs