View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
My major nitpick is that the description of the three timelines should've been up front and all of the character's names should've had the letter designations after them.
I felt that mentioning the multiverse situation and then using different names for different timelines (Lt. Worf vs. Worf, Jean-Luc vs. Picard vs. Capt. Picard) would be enough, and at any rate since this is a forum thread people could ask about it.

Also it was all quite confusing to me the first time or two I read the book, and I figured I might as well let the potential for initial confusion color the fiver accordingly.

Quote:
Universe A: [...] Data is no longer an android, he's a positronic brain in a human body (presumably cloned from Dr. Soong).
I was kinda hoping for a natural way to mention that bit, but it never materialized. Oh well, one can only go so far before it becomes less of a parody and more of a plot summary. *shrug* Gotta leave something out so they can't sue you, I guess.

Hadn't really thought of the possibility of his being a clone of Soong, although maybe that's hinted at in the novel and I've forgotten it.

Quote:
Universe B: The regular NextGen universe somewhere in Season Seven. Takes place after Parallels 'cause Worf isn't phased by parallel universes.
Also because of something . . . oh yes, because it's after Picard and Crusher are telepathically linked.

Quote:
Universe C: [...] Upon realizing that had things been a little different the war could've been prevented, Picard goes completely insane.
Ehhhh, I didn't link that together as cause-and-effect. Not that directly, anyway. He has certainly been bitten by the "shoot first, ask later" bug. That's more the result of the way the whole war has been going, though.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs