Thread: February 22
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 04:34 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default February 22

Yeah, I know -- worst unfreezing ever. I didn't want to publish anything else before the ENT update, and it kept taking longer than I thought. But forget all that for now, because it's 5MST's third birthday!

It's been another big year for our TOS subsite, which has now been part of 5MV for well over half the site's lifetime. IJD GAF continues to run a tight ship, with a policy of making sure there's at least one 5MST update each month if at all possible. And as of today, his subsite has officially outlived the classic series itself!

To celebrate, IJD has organized a themed anniversary event -- specifically, a Kirkathon. It consists of four days with two fivers each, all focused on Trek's first and still most famous captain, James T. Kirk. We're starting off with a pair from Season 1: "Court Martial," by IJD himself, and "The Return of the Archons," by Kira. Enjoy, and be back tomorrow for Season 2!

(Incidentally, it's also Jeri Ryan's birthday. CONSPIRACY!)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction