View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Xindi chow

TU and SE are not over, just this current phase of the fight to save ENT. Everyone thought this was about money, and when they came to the table with $63 million to have season 5, without Paramount losing any money in or putting a dime into the production of ENT, they thought it was an offer they couldn't refuse.

Well, they did. It was a political decision. They simply did not want Trek on the air anymore. A great big giant "F U" to the fans. And this is all coming from Tim and the guys at TU, not my suppasition.

The next thing to do is a media blitzkreg. let it be known what when down. Get people from the space industry on our side (and no, that's not impossible, most already are, having been inspired by Trek themselves). Remind people that this is not just a TV show. Make it such bad PR for them that they will have no option but to acquiese. It's amazing what a little bad press can do.

Paramount said over and over again that is was simply not fiscally possible to do the show, so TU/SE naturally came up with the solution for that. However, the money wasn't the problem, so money couldn't fix it. Our problem was we didn't know what the real problem was. So now we all must regroup and try a new tactic. And have no bones about it; As one of the Anonymous Donors of the $3 Million said "Saving Enterprise is saving Trek." It will be far too easy for Paramount to just walk away once ENT dies it's horrible, dissipointing death. And making a stand with ENT ensures that Paramount may actually have to listen to the fans once in awhile, and start producing the kind of Trek that they should.

You can see the live chat with the AD on Trek United, he was very hopefull and very inspiring. And he said over and over for all of us to not stop the fight to save ENT. If we bitch loud enough and long enough, somebody will eventually have to stick their head out to window to tell us to shut up, and maybe then we can convince them. Maybe not, but I'm still gonna keep playing. It's the fact that I fought that's the point, and this little setback isn't going to stop me.

...oh dear, I'm starting to hear that awful little theme song in my head.

-persianmouse