View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 PM
You just activated his Trek card

I have a great many options on reimagining, the folly of reimagining Trek, the reason why Enterprise bombed, and all that, but lets stick to the article.

I. "Star Trek"? That's it? Are you kidding me? What do you do with the second movie? "Star Trek 2"? Come on.
2. If they're outright reimagining Trek, then it ain't Trek. Star Trek is our universe. It needs people from what DC calls Earth-1, what Marvel calls Earth 616, what Sliders calls Earth Prime, or what have you.
3. Star Trek has never been about action as the primary driving force. Even the war years of DS9 were never about the battles, it was the motivation for the battles, the aftermath of the battles, the way people were changed by the battles, and so on. You don't need score after score of starships blowing up to accomplish that.
4. "Reimagining" and "100% true to the fanbase" are mutually exclusive. They're losing right from the start. "100% true" needs no "reimagining."

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.