View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

NO no no.
It's the idea I don't like. It's like when a political party say's 'Hey! We're gonna cut tax! And have no scandals! And everything is gonna be rosy!'
You sigh. Because, hey maybe you've become disillusioned or whatever, but you know it isn't going to happen.
It's the same will this I feel. I know the idea that is going thru the minds of these 'producers'. They're gonna try and restart the trek, by changing everything it is. These people really do stupid things like this. Remember the Coke 'incident'? Plus they're gonna do it with a movie. Movies can be dodgy ground anyway. They need to appeal to a wide audience so can't be too Sci-Fi or in-depth.
BSG was different. the old one really hadn't been on that long anyways. And also, the new one is pretty...well good.
Bond? Oh. Well. I can't stand it. It's an action movie, for me. Just another action movie. They took Q and Money Penny...and the things I really love about bond away.
I don't know. I really, really hope I'm wrong about it. I so do, but I just feel...bad about this. I read the article and got a sick feeling in my stomach. I really hope it's me just being foolish, but I really don't think this is going to end well.
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------