View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

Default Re: September 5: 5MNG 3rd Anniversary

H'ray! Happy Three, 5MNG!

Choice bits ...

from "Quality of Life"
Quote:
La Forge: According to this scanner image, the exocomp seems to have formed several new blocks of heuristic pathways.
Farallon: I've seen it happen before on other units. Their circuits sometimes become randomly corrupted and they refuse to do any more work.
Data: One of these blocks is particularly intriguing. It appears to contain the text of a grievance complaining about unfair labour practices.
Farallon: I've seen that happen too. Once a unit is this badly broken, its tool replicator refuses to create anything except miniature picket signs.
from "Violations"
Quote:
Data: I don't get memory. The only way I'd forget anything at all would be if someone removed my memory engrams.
Geordi: Unfortunately, human memory doesn't work like that. Commander Riker, for example, can still remember things even with no brain at all.
----------------------------
Doctor's Log: Turns out Riker was actually in a coma, which, granted, isn't that much of a change.
from "The Outcast"
Quote:
La Forge: Got the bungee cord all hooked up Commander, you're ready to go.
Riker: Geordi, do you have a... a BEARD?
La Forge: Relax, Commander -- I'm just borrowing a page from Lieutenant Commander Argyle.
Riker: Who?
La Forge: One of our here today, gone tomorrow chengs.
Riker: I remember Argyle from such episodes as "Where No Man Has Gone Before" and "Datalore." Anyways, there can only be one bearded officer on the Enterprise at a time. Regs.
La Forge: So if you were to be, I dunno, killed, when your shuttle's engine wanked out, I could grow my beard.
Riker: That's exactly what I'm saying.
La Forge: Have a nice flight, Commander. (cackling evilly)
Nice going, all of yez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira
... Break out the party favors, the Troi-shaped cake, a surly Klingon, and Will Riker's trombone ...
Er, could we just break his trombone, or perhaps fill it with concrete instead? It must have sounded like a good idea, but every time I heard Frakes' playing, I knew exactly what the jazzman on the holodeck meant when he told Riker "Don't quit the day job."

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)