Thread: March 1
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Quinalla's got a point. They couldn't spend too much time on getting any one actor's acting exactly right because there were so many actors to work with.

But one part that sticks in my mind as being subpar is the start of TTT, where Aragorn & co. are running along. Legolas's :dead: ly cheesy mug shot is the direction's fault. But then Aragorn does this terribly threadbare bit where he runs up to the proverbial duct tape X on the ground, stops and immediately goes Shakespeare (and seems to be attempting to make it all look and sound perfectly spontaneous. Well, he fails at that) and immediately begins running again.

And then, if I remember correctly, Legolas does the same thing. "Run up to this point, turn and gaze in this direction, deliver this monologue, turn back around and start running again."

(Neither of the monologues were anything that would have just occurred to one or the other suddenly after several days of running through the land. If they're going to bother to stop to say it, it's probably because the thoughts behind the monologue are gradually taking hold of their attention. So I'd expect them to slow down to a stop over several steps, not stop in their tracks as if they had just discovered a gorge lay before them.)

[iost_uid0]I[/iost_uid0] could have done that. Well, except for the apparent lack of deep breathing that I remember on their part. Apparently our heroes are so hardened by years of hard living that their muscles use the same amount of oxygen to run as to stand still...but that's getting ridiculously off topic, I suspect. [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs