Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 05:10 PM
You just activated his Trek card

So DisneyXD posted the pilot episode of the new DuckTales on their YouTube channel...

Don't worry, it's good. Unlike some other misguided revivals of recent memory *cough, cough Teen Titans Go, Powerpuff Girls 2016, Xiaolin Chronicles, cough cough* this one is being run by people who actually care about quality.

It does rush through things a little too fast. They accomplish in two episodes what I think could've easily been extended to five if they wanted to include more substantial character and plot development.

I must admit to wishing that the posted family tree was just a little more involved. Of course the full Don Rosa-made family tree wouldn't have fit, but a few more names would've been nice.

My only real nit is that Donald didn't know that Flintheart Glomgold was an enemy of Scrooge's. Didn't Donald tag along on a bunch of adventures in the past? Even if he'd never met the guy personally, wouldn't Scrooge have mentioned his name before now?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.