View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

Sorry, Gatac, but that just doesn't work for me. Ceasing to care about a movie's faults does not make it a good movie - it makes you an uncritical and undiscerning viewer. Which is fine, when it comes to watching a movie just for fun - but not for discussing its merits.
(No offense meant. That was a general "you", not a specific "you.")

Good music is a good thing - but the music should be serving the film. The CGI should be serving the film. However great the soundtrack is, however great spin-off computer games and novels and action figures may be - the film, as a film, is poor.
As for other little things - there are some good moments. But few. Very few. Without the little moments, the movie would have been back on the same level as the previous two - well, maybe not quite that bad, but somewhere close. But even the good little moments aren't exceptionally good. Wistful gazes between lovers and terrified expressions are hardly new, and the ones in RotS may be pulled off well ("may" is key), but are far from outstanding. So: the occasional good moment is something RotS didn't do badly. But they didn't do it particularly well either, and certainly not well enough to cancel out the terrible acting and script.

A particular reviewer rated RotS as follows: 9/10 with your brain off, 2/10 with your brain on. I'm quite inclined to agree. Perhaps the difference between me and all the enthusiastic fans of the film is that I see little value in a movie enjoyable only in brain-off mode.
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis