Thread: Holy question
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Not the Church, individuals.
That's like blaming all gay men and women for the actions of a few rapists.
No, no, no! The only link between Gay people is their prefrence of Partners. But after that, they are all different.
A person in the Church is within the Umbrella of those rules and ideas. It' impose's those ideas on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Thats your opinion. What I meant was that all political opinions change with time.
If you were really listening to his speech, you wouldn't make such generalisations on what he said. There is no doctrine condemning homosexuality. In fact, if you knew the first thing about Catholicism, you would know that homosexuality is fine with the Church. Sex that is not for reproductive purposes is not. Those are the boundaries. At least try to read up before arguing these things.
Yeah, mate, Catholic family. And Believe me, I've studied Religons.
By the way, The Catholic Church are against Gay people. It's clear. To say there're not, is just being ignorant.
Being part of a Religon is a choice. You choose to do that.
I'm Gay, by...I don't know, nature...chemicals in the brain, DNA. Out of my control.
See the difference? You choose it. I didn't.
Telling me I must be Abstain from sex just because that Church dissaproves of it, is just plain unfair.
That is the Sickening Ideas of the Church. 'We don't like what you do. Stop it, or we'll attack you.'
Intolerence is an ugly thing.

In any case. You'll never see my point of view. Clearly, you like your Religon. I most certainly will never see your side.
Ever watch the X-Men Movie?
It's always easy to dismiss 'outsiders' till it happens to you or somebody close to you.
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------