Thread: Holy question
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt
Easy to say now. But the Church could have easy undone what they did. Instead they waited hundreds of years to refute their points. And a man was persecuted as a Heretic for years, and his theories, which could help mankind and science, are ignored.
And come on. Talk about blaming the victim! Nice to see, that if insulted, the ‘Holy goodness’ of the church comes crashing down, and they are happy to damage others.
Not the Church, individuals.
That's like blaming all gay men and women for the actions of a few rapists.

Quote:
What!? The rights of all other men and women to be equal in the world..., is a ‘Mood of the Century’?! Granted some laws maybe….errors, but in general laws follow society. And I think laws nowadays are pretty good. Not perfect, but good. Back in Gods day, beating your wife with certain sized objects was acceptable. Child labour was fine. It’s utterly, utterly silly to say that. And as for the Anti-same-sex ‘swing’ back? Well I’m not sure if I should laugh or be afraid. The idea, that ALL PEOPLE are equal is something scared. Something that the Church should understand, more than others. Yet they attack it again and again. And I have sat and listened in disbelief to the POPE’S unedited speech of how ‘Homosexuality’ will destroy our morals, children and world.
God is eternal
God is unchanging
Then God is wrong
Thats your opinion. What I meant was that all political opinions change with time.
If you were really listening to his speech, you wouldn't make such generalisations on what he said. There is no doctrine condemning homosexuality. In fact, if you knew the first thing about Catholicism, you would know that homosexuality is fine with the Church. Sex that is not for reproductive purposes is not. Those are the boundaries. At least try to read up before arguing these things.

You say 'Back in God's day', but what you mean is back in the day when men were not afraid to hide behind God as an excuse for such things.

You're right. The law today is in general pretty good. In our opinion. In two hundred years, this time may be looked back on with horror as an era of hedonistic debauchery on a massive scale...

Quote:
Yes, somewhat of a sensitive topic for me, being Gay myself.
Bully for you.

I'm Roman Catholic, so congratulations, you've insulted me, too

Quote:
It’s not the 18th Century!! They are not slaves revolting! There is no reason why they can’t get along with each other. And even if they have that trouble, attacking Children,… Children? Because of a difference in Religion?
They have not been alive for 500 years.
Just the last few.
It really does make me sick.
For your information, my mother is Irish and Catholic. I’ve been to and studied Ireland many times. I’m very well aware of the topic. I’m still very well aware that there is no need to act like that, because of a difference in Nationality/Religion.
As a sidebar, should the Native Americans be allowed to kill American’s? By right, their suffering was much worse. And the Australian Aborigines?
I'm not excusing what's being done. I don't think its right- thank you very much for assuming that because I attempt to explain something to you I disapprove of it. You know what? I'm not going to even bother arguing with you - you've insinuated enough insults against me and who I am and what I stand for, and, unlike you, I'll give you my response plainly: fuck off.
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!

Last edited by Chancellor Valium; 06-20-2006 at 07:05 PM.