View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 03:12 PM
You just activated his Trek card

That brings up something that I've been wondering about. As I recall, not all Star Wars novels are canon, but even George Lucas has said that a few of them are. I know that a lot of Voyager fans consider Mosaic and Pathways to be canon, because of Jeri Taylor's involvement. This brings up the question: what novels could or should be considered canon? Granted, a lot of the early TOS and TNG novels are blatantly inaccurate now, although they did follow the canon as it existed twenty years ago. Most notably is Federation, a novel that I really enjoy even though stuff like First Contact and Enterprise has completely blown it out of the water. Simularily, the Shatnerverse would take a moderate amount of tweaking to get it to fit. Q-Squared doesn't work anymore thanks to the creation of Suzie Q and other recent revelations about the continuum. Here's a partial list of the most recent novels that I think are very good and don't directly contradict canon (too much )

A Stitch in Time
Immortal Coil
Imzadi I and II
The Many Lives of Dax

Comments?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.