View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:44 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I still don't understand all this Sulu bashing. If people don't like his work, maybe that's because we didn't see enough of him. The whole ensemble-cast-of-seven thing really wasn't around yet. People have to remember that not only were Shatner and Nimoy paid exactly the same, they had the pie split between them very early on. It took a command from on high to get DeForest Kelly into the opening credits. TOS was the Kirk and Spock Show for the most part. That doesn't mean that Sulu is boring, uninteresting, or that he couldn't support his own show.

We know a great deal about Sulu's time? If I'm not mistaken, the major events of the gap between the E-B launch and the E-D launch have yet to be really touched on. Come on, how did the Klingon Empire rebuild themselves so fast? Why did the Romulans lock themselves away? When did we meet the Cardassians exactly? How long was the E-B in service and when was the E-C built? How did Picard beat Kirk's earliest command record? Did Boothby guide Demora at the Academy as well? What did Guinan do during all that time? How come Picard was in command of the Stargazer for like twenty years without being transferred to a bigger ship? Which Sulu inspired Chakotay to join Starfleet? These are not small questions that are easily answered by looking at old episodes. A lot of them haven't been answered at all outside of the noncanon novels.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.