Thread: November 23
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 11:52 PM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab

okkkkkkk I respectfully disagree with a few points made. I think it's all a matter of perspective. For instance, a scene where I may see T'Pol confessing her undying love to Trip, someone may see T'Pol kissing Trip on the cheek in front of her fiance and mother and the Vulcan High Priest.

So here's my perspective:

T'Pol ate the peach with her hands, yes. But come on, Trip is very distracting. LOL ok that was just a bit of humor to lighten the mood. Seriously, she ate the peach with her hands, but she's been living among humans awhile and it could be a testament to that. Vulcans don't like to be touched, however, I seem to recall many moments when Tuvok allowed crewmembers to touch him. Tuvok didn't have to become more human, but he did have a few episodes where he lost control of his emotions or where his Vulcan guard was down. The scene where Tuvok says goodbye to Neelix. How very uncharacteristic of Tuvok to move his foot as a gesture of friendship for Neelix. We the viewers knew that it was Tuvok's way of dancing. Neelix said he would get Tuvok to dance before they made it home (or whatever) and Tuvok gave Neelix that as a goodbye gift. Now was it necessary for Tuvok to do this? No. But it was a very sweet moment and an unguarded moment for Tuvok. The episode Gravity is another sentiment to moments where Tuvok had a very Un-Vulcan like moment. Is this bad writing on the parts of the writers or B & B? I don't think so.

My point is that T'Pol isn't the first Vulcan we've seen influenced by humanity. Being in such close contact with Trip also had something to do with this I believe. Yeah maybe the neuro pressure was just an excuse to get the two naked, but it worked. And it was fun to watch. I for one loved Similitude and Harbinger. I don't feel like their intimacy came out of nowhere. These two have been dancing around their feelings since Broken Bow. Unresolved Sexual Tension is what I like to call it. So they got it out of their systems and I know Trip thought that meant they were now a couple, but it scared T'Pol off. She was allowing her emotions to take control.

I think JB and CT's main concern with Trip and T'Pol's relationship is because she sees it as coming out of the blue. She doesn't see what a Vulcan would see in Trip. But as a viewer, and T/T shipper, I think it's obvious. But this isn't about that so I won't make it about that.

I think B & B did a good job. Ok Season 2 sucked in my opinion, but hey so did Season 2 of Voyager (ouch.) Ok Voyager 2nd Season didn't suck, but it wasn't the best. I loved Season 3, Xindi arc and all. It's what made me a fan again. I felt the loss and I knew that the Expanse was taking it's toll on the crew. The continuity was great. The ship wasn't fixed overnight and I loved the neat little touches that were done. Anyways, this is only my opinion and I like giving my perspective.

I forgot to add: About her uniform. I agree mainly because I was a big advocate for Seven to have a uniform and for Troi to have one. However, perhaps a reason that T'Pol doesn't have one is because she has an honorary commission.

I totally agree though, that she shouldn't bite the hand of the one who feeds her! Plus, B & B created Enterprise and got her the job. A little gratitude would be nice. And I really want a fifth season! That's all from me!