Thread: November 23
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 09:51 PM
But if you put the hammer in an elevator...

^^Sorry, sweetness, but I stand by my rants. B&B may well have come up with the premise, but they did not use it to half its advantage. The stories which are being written this year are the kinds of stories we SHOULD have seen in S2, at least, and I could have cheerfully skipped the entire Xindi arc.

Blalock is complaining that B&B reduced a Vulcan to T&A. I agree with that complaint. She's in a contract. She complained to the writers, she complained to the suits, and she was told to bite the bullet and do her job. She did. But that doesn't mean she likes or agrees with what they did to T'Pol. Connor Trinneer had a similar comment with the hemming and hawing of the "relationship": either do something concrete with it or dump it.

Beltran may or may not have gone to the writers, I forget, but he DID stop doing his job other than the minimum necessary. I don't think Blalock is a particularly good actress, but whatever the flaws with her performance, she ain't phonin' it in.

Quote:
They created your character, they made her interesting,
Some fans think they made her a mess -- that she was systematically stripped of every quality which made her uniquely Vulcan, purely and specifically to increase the sex quotient. I don't find that interesting, I find it sad.

Quote:
And here you are calling them bad writers for "forgetting" T'Pol doesn't eat with her hands (which couldn't possibly have been a subtle indication that she was growing more human),
While we saw no indication that this was deliberate, let's say you're right. WHY should T'Pol grow more human? She is a VULCAN. Tuvok didn't need to grow more human. Vorik didn't need to grow more human. Is it because -- gasp -- T'Pol has BOOBIES? or more precisely, that Blalock has boobies?

I have been against the sexualization and objectification of T'Pol since "Broken Bow," so "hypocritical" is one adjective you can't stick me with.

However, we're each entitled to our opinions. We can just agree to disagree.