Thread: October 2
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 02:18 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default October 2

Hey all -- and welcome, at long last, to an event I've been promising since February! 5MV's first new subsite since Five-Minute Farscape is now here. Without further ado: Five-Minute Angel.

I originally conceived this event as both a protest against the series' cancellation (as in 5MF's case) and a celebration of its five brilliant years on the air. Half a year later, we still don't know whether Angel will ever be returning in some form; the news so far hasn't been good. But that's how it looked for Farscape, too. Meanwhile, until any good news does arrive, we've got plenty of episodes to keep us busy here at 5MV.

We're kicking off the subsite with a three-day event, featuring a total of sixteen fivers by 12 different guest writers. We're doing Season 1 today, Seasons 2 to 4 tomorrow, and Season 5 on Monday. Here are today's entries:
    [*]Five-Minute "City Of....", the traditional pilot fiver by me.[*]Five-Minute "The Bachelor Party," by Jade. You'll be hearing from her again later.[*]Five-Minute "I Will Remember You," by Dachelle. If you follow the daily newsposts, you might remember Dachelle as the author of Angel. Can't. Read!, a S5 Angel parody. I loved that piece so much I invited her to participate in this event; to my delight, not only did she accept, but it turned out she was already a 5MV fan. Here's her contribution.[*]Five-Minute "Parting Gifts," by Derek Dean. You'll be seeing more from him too.[*]Five-Minute "War Zone," by Nic Corelli. He's done a number of fivers, but this is his first for Angel.[/list]That's only five out of sixteen fivers, so make sure to come back tomorrow and Monday for the rest of this event. After that it's a four-day buildup to the Season 4 premiere of Enterprise, so don't touch that dial!
    (Note: I'm sorry about vanishing; it's been a very complicated week. But this week's events will be worth the wait.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction