View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Improbability View Post
Reminds me of when the creators of Friends were choosing their episode titles. They said something along the lines of "let's just call it whatever they're going to be talking about around the water cooler the next day." "The One With the Football," "The One With the Unagi," "The One With the Prom Video," etc. Kinda hard to forget episode titles like that, huh?

Might be time for another thread to "rename" Trek episodes into something easier to remember, just for fun. First off I'd rename all of those DS9 episodes that are Latin phrases. Those tick me off.
Some people I know habitually rename Trek eps using the "Friends" format -- "The One with the Gorn," "The One with Ricardo Montalban," "The One where the Crew Are Turned into Dodecahedrons," etc. Works great with TOS, because there's usually one thing per episode that jumps out at you like that. But I dunno if it would work as well with later series. Like you'd end up with something like "The One where Janeway Creates a Time Paradox" (...the one?). "The One Where Sisko Glowers a Lot and Avoids Being the Emissary." "The One Where Pulaski Doesn't Die a Horrible Grisly Death."

70s Doctor Who has a similar problem, they all start to sound the same after a while... "City of Death," "Ambassadors of Death," "Robots of Death," "Stones of Blood," "Planet of Evil," "Mind of Evil," "Face of Evil," "Hand of Fear," "Web of Fear" ....