View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 10:12 AM
The moron they built to make you an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
PNQ1: If the creators had wanted the Bajoran and Starfleet crews on DS9 to be more balanced, which main character could've been made Bajoran?
I would have liked to have seen the original plan for the series come to fruition, with Lieutenant Ro being in the Major Kira role. Would have really thrown the Emissary in with not one but two Starfleet officers struggling with the concet.

Besides that, Bashir was a good candidate, but Dax would be my pick. Granted, the Trill did bring in some good stories, but the whole change the entire species thing to suit the one actress with a skin condition? Also, with the personal connection with Sisko could have made the decision in the pilot a whole lot more complicated.

Quote:
PNQ2: If the creators had wanted the Maquis and Starfleet crews on VOY to be more balanced, which main charater could've been made Maquis?
None. It struck a good balance in between the different factions.

Quote:
PNQ: They couldn't find a suitable Princess Leia cosplayer that could be tweaked with CGI without making a complete virtual actor?
That was a Leia cosplayer (of sorts).

Quote:
PNQ: For that matter, I'm reminded of her first confrontation with Vader. Pull her out away from the background, mirror image it, and tweak the lip movements a bit. Wouldn't that avoid most of the Uncanny Valley?
I think they were trying to show off a little too much. After the success with Cushing (despite the problems noted above), I think they just went for a double down.

Quote:
PNQ: Do you dip your french fries in your milkshake?
Only if it's a Wendy's Frosty, and that's not even a milkshake per se. Any other one is disrespecting the fry... and the milkshake.