View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 06:37 PM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab

ok so I'm back from being computerless for a month and I have to talk about this episode.

I read the spoilers when they first came out about this eppy and I was OUTRAGED! Yes I used all caps. I couldn't believe they'd kill off Trip. Just couldn't believe it. Then I heard that this was really a recycled script from the year before. The news just got worse. TnT were broken up! Yikes! And of course the fact that two TNG actors got most of the storyline of an ENT finale. That made me angry. Because this is Enterprise's finale. Their night to shine and it's taken over by Riker and Troi? I love TNG don't get me wrong, but the Pegasus episode? Are B&B serious? That episode barely registers in my memory and that's the episode? Now when DS9 did Trials and Tribbleations that was a great eppie. They went into an old TOS episode that we all recognize and love. It was great, but it wasn't their finale. I read in a TV Guide article that Marina Sirtis said "they don't have a great last scene like we did. We had that poker scene where we all said goodbye. That was a real farewell." See even the guest actress knew that this episode wasn't the best way to end the series. I'm not a B&B basher because they did a great job, but Coto did an awesome job this season and I've loved every episode he's written. Of course it helps that I'm a T/Ter and he saved that ship for all us TnTers! But the ending just kills TnT and for no reason. This whole episode is maddening. But Terra Prime should have been the finale. That's where most of the character development was happening. Travis was even thinking about moving on. The end of Terra Prime was so pure and everything that Trek is about. Everything Enterprise is about. Not just the Trip and T'Pol stuff, but it really showed how far they'd come. In the first episode Trip hated Vulcans and T'Pol wouldn't shake Trip's hand or even call him Trip. In Demons/Terra Prime she only calls him Trip and they have this baby together. Then in that last scene she's in her Vulcan robes, like the way they first met. Only now they are holding hands with the IDIC enfolded between them. It speaks volumes. How much they have overcome and how much Enterprise has overcome. That to me is how I want to remember Enterprise's finale. Not a TNG episode addition.