View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 03:30 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Default Re: ENT 4x20: "Terra Prime"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
It kills me that this season has only 22 episodes. Why were the series' two best seasons the ones to get shortened? I know 26 was a higher-than-normal number of episodes, but it's been standard for Trek shows since what, 1990?
I agree. And 1987, I think. Only S2 of TNG was less than 26, and that only due to the writer's strike. (Granted DS9 and VOY both had half-1st seasons.) But I agree that these last two seasons of Enterprise have been, well, stellar.

Quote:
The part I'm not sold on is that humans could make total peace among themselves and somehow still be capable of rabid xenophobia when it comes to aliens.
Well, is racism a factor because of skin color, or is it just because we as humans need to have an us-vs-them mentality? I can see humans uniting over things like race and gender, but then needing some new "them" to regard as alien. Who better than aliens to fill that void? Even when humanity unites to form the Federation with other races, they will still have an us-vs-them mentality regarding the Klingons and the Romulans. Heck, wasn't that the whole point of Star Trek 6? People couldn't deal with the Klingons and Federation not being enemies?

Quote:
Paxton is basically a Babylon 5 human transplanted into Trek's universe, and he doesn't make sense here.
Heh. I agree he is somewhat B5-ish, but the difference between Trek and B5 (in my mind) isn't really in the types of characters and their goals, so much as in the resolution.

Quote:
Delightful to see Harry Groener, though. Mayor jokes will abound in the fiver.
I just kept waiting for him to say "Swell" or "Golly gee" or something like that. It's hard to see past his role Mayor.