View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[quote] OK, I have several questions about Sa'ar Chasm's very funny version of Stargate's "Grail".//quote]

B5. Not Stargate. :P Although I am watching Stargate right now. I only seem to get into shows after they've been cancelled.

Quote:
What's the reason for the double P? All that "topp" suggests to me is "baseball cards".
Quote:
What's the reason for the double B?
These ones are multilayered and related. The Seymore, feed me line is a reference to Little Shop Of Horrors. In the movie, the plant was voices by Levi Stubbs. Mr. Stubbs was the lead singer of the Four Tops, which, it turns out, is only spelled with one p, but doubling it in the fiver matches the Stubbs reference and draws attention to itself. I can't make every reference invisibly obscure.

Quote:
I caught the "Artful Dodger" bit earlier, but are there other Dickens references in there that I've missed?
Naw, that's just gibberish. A hysterical stream of consciousness filled with various silly things that amused me at the time. I think I was channelling IJD's Aliens meme of having the anthrovores say "meow", which explains the kittens and why the fake Kosh keeps saying meow.

I'm not sure why I had Sinclair say Dickens - possibly a Far Side cartoon ("see if you can make out what the dickens he was working on"). If I wanted to maintain my reputation for inaccessible references, I'd imply that I put it in there to mislead you.