Thread: June 21
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2003, 04:03 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Great TAS fiver! My favorite part was:
[quoteost_uid0]Arex: The vessel is approaching at warp 36.
Kirk: TNG scale or TOS scale?
Spock: Don't worry Captain, it's impossible either way.
Kirk: Good. Lock a tractor beam on it.
Scotty: Sir?
Spock: Mr. Scott, it's possible in the TOS universe -- for a time.[/quoteost_uid0]

My favorite line from the very funny "Sliders" episode could have come from any of at least three different Star Trek series:
[quoteost_uid0]Quinn: I'm over -- (Wade walks through Quinn) -- oh, it's one of these episodes. Never mind.[/quoteost_uid0]

And the "All Good Things..." fiver was absolutely hilarious all the way through. One of the lines that really cracked me up was
[quoteost_uid0]Picard: Commander, this is Captain Picard. We'll be late picking you up, so while you're waiting, I'd appreciate it if you would find and destroy Wesley Crusher. Thank you.[/quoteost_uid0]
:lol: :lol: Also the three inter-fiver references, especially the ST:FC one.
[quoteost_uid0]Picard: Ah yes. My apologies; I've not yet mastered the difference between my manly girl and my girly man.
Past Worf: That is entirely understandaHEYYY![/quoteost_uid0]

[quoteost_uid0]Future Data: Captain! Geordi! So good to see you again. How do you like my distinguished gray hair?
Picard: There's nothing distinguished about hair. Data, I need your help... I've been travelling in time.
Future Data: And you'd like me to help you break the habit?
Picard: It wouldn't be the first time. You were the one who taught me to drink coffee instead of tea.[/quoteost_uid0]
Is this from one of the [iost_uid0]Back to the Future[/iost_uid0] movies? Either way, it's funny, but I'm just wondering...

Just a few of the many parts of the final section of the Sleaper story that I got a kick out of:
[quoteost_uid0]Kira: IJD?
IJD: Yes?
Kira: Hammer.
(IJD hands Kira the Hammer of Smiting, with which she promptly smites Zeke)[quoteost_uid0]
Marc: How are we going to find IJD? It's a big state.
Zeke: Really? It looked so small on the map. And purple. Why isn't it purple?[/quoteost_uid0]
And I am absolutely [iost_uid0]loving[/iost_uid0] these board references. [imgost_uid0]http://www.freeadpower.org/~mrsmiles/otn/realhappy/jump.gif[/imgost_uid0]

A thrilling end to the Sleaper...ummm...septology?[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs