View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 06:20 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0][[bost_uid0]Warning:[/bost_uid0] This post turned out to be based on a misinterpretation on my part. I apologize for the overreaction.]

[quoteost_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"]Since this still seems to be open (inexplicably)[/quoteost_uid0]
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you weren't actually trying to spit in my face. Â But in case I'm wrong, let me make something clear.

No matter how often I'm griped at and blamed, [iost_uid0]it is not up to me how long the FBC threads go[/iost_uid0].

This is your fiver. Â I don't impose my preferences; I don't step in and play God. Â I don't usually even vote, despite the fact that this fiver will ultimately appear on my site. Â And when I don't see a clear winner, I let you continue until there is one. Â That means when people stop suggesting new scenes. Â That means when people stop debating how many scenes there should even be. Â That means, in short, not the condition this thread is currently in.

I came up with this three-days-then-vote idea because I was sick of being complained at, and because I agree that the faster we move through this thing, the better. Â I proposed that we debate scenes for three days and vote on the fourth. Â But that's as far as I can go -- proposing it. Â And you guys [iost_uid0]aren't doing it![/iost_uid0] Â I've tried to nudge this thread along, but you're no closer to a clear voting situation now than you were in February. Â If everyone would make a point of coming back and voting on the fourth day after a FBC thread is posted, we'd have enough votes to really judge what's most popular.

But no, it's my fault this block isn't done yet. Â It's [iost_uid0]inexplicable[/iost_uid0] that I haven't stormed in, decided what everyone wanted, and closed it.

I'm sorry to rant, Jedi, but I'm as frustrated about FBC as you are, and more, because everyone just chalks it up to my slowness. Â I put a [iost_uid0]lot[/iost_uid0] of work into this site. Â When I miss deadlines, it's not for lack of trying. Â I can deal with the flack for missing fiver deadlines, because at least I've earned that (although the reason is rarely as simple as "I just put it off"). Â But the last thing I need is to be hassled about FBC, where I'm not putting [iost_uid0]anything[/iost_uid0] off -- I'm waiting for you.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction