View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 04:04 AM
You just activated his Trek card

The Fiver

Sisko: Hey! I asked for "Coffee, black" and got "Tea, Earl Grey, hot"!
O'Brien: Captain Picard wouldn't have complained.
Sisko: I'm not Picard.
O'Brien: Indeed not. You're much easier to provoke.

Odd place for a "Q-Less" reference.

Jadzia: Neat! I'm a woman again.
Kira: I would've thought an old man might have trouble being in a young woman's body.
Jadzia: Perhaps, but now I can go where no man has gone before: the women's restroom!

Forgot the "boldly" there.

Kira: So, Chief, how're the repairs coming?
O'Brien: They're brillig and the slithy toves are gyre and gimble in the wabe.
Kira: Grrr. I can see where this episode is going and I don't like it.

Have I linked to Christopher Lee reciting Jabberwocky yet? Probably not, I think I've linked to the Neil Gaiman version, though.

Bashir: O'Brien's suffering from aphasia. He says different words than he means to say.
Sisko: Shouldn't the Universal Translator be able to compensate?

Actually, no. If there was a uniform set of 1:1 word exchanges that everyone used, MAYBE, but even so you'd have to program it for each language.

Quark: Computer, make me a root beer.
Computer: Zap! You're a root beer!

This is a really old joke. "Call me a cab!" "Okay, you're a cab."

Odo: Jaheel is tearing the station apart with his ship.
Quark: Wouldn't his ship just pull the whole station along with him?
Odo: No time for logic!

Good point.

Memory Alpha

* The screenwriter made sure to make the gibberish flow as though it was the real words. Valiant effort, but ultimately pointless in my opinion.
* O'Brien's standard coffee order of "black, double sweet" goes back to "Rascals."

Nitpicker's Guide

* They forgot to punish Quark for stealing from command-level replicators.
* Wasn't it just last episode that Dax said that she wasn't interested in romance? And now she's making goo-goo eyes at some men! Just kidding, I think everyone would prefer to pretend that "A Man Alone" never happened.
* For that matter, last episode Dax was being a snob about eating healthily, and this week she's eating spice pudding!
* Supposedly this whole thing got started when O'Brien "fixed" the replicator and had coffee. Except we saw the device turn on after that. Oops.
* Phil has a problem with how O'Brien can tap a PADD twelve times and create a message with fifteen words. I don't have a problem with this one, no doubt there are macros to present common word combinations. Or the PADD can read his thoughts just like Voyager's computer. (Shudder...)

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.