Thread: August 11
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 06:50 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default August 11

Well, this is interesting. A few days ago I discovered the Star Trek Inspirational Posters page through a hitcounter referral. It's a nifty idea, very well executed, and you'll notice that several of the jokes are from this site. Lines are taken with credit from fivers by Kira, Nic Corelli, and Sa'ar. (What, none of mine?) So I saved the link to post in an upcoming update.

Turns out I didn't need to save it. EVERYONE coming to this site comes from that one now. I have no idea where the sudden popularity surge came from, but not only is it breaking her server, it's breaking our hitcount records. Yesterday we got 2450 hits. (That should not be a record for us in our seventh year of operation, but I digress....) Anyway, I never say no to publicity, so here's a welcome to anyone coming here from there. We have a ton of stuff besides the original Star Trek, so be sure to look around. And those who were here already, go check out the posters, they're funny.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction