View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt
Default The importance of being Sci-Fi

Just wondering what other people think. What would you say was the Sci-Fi show that contributed the most to the Sci-Fi world? Star Treks amazing ideas and long running? B5's unique 5 year storyline? BattleStar's realism? Star Wars intertwined stories? Doctor Who...for just being Doctor Who....
Any Sci-fi show (Or film) you can think of, that you think helped define or move along the genre more than any other. And why.

Me First. Gonna be boring:
Doctor Who

Why?

Longest running Sci-fi show. It was what the people of today (Directors, Story writers) watched when they were children. Cybermen. Where do you think the Borg came from? And the idea of 'Changing' the lead? Unheard of. Also means there is a different Doctor for every taste. The different stories....Sciencey...Horror...Comical...Mystery.. ..
The Music! Everyone knows the music! The icons it's given us... A police box, a tin dog, A scarf.... Celery?
I really can't think of show that has given us more!
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------