View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 04:35 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
March 23rd, 1992, "Cause and Effect"
Like I've said, I don't like it when people are thought to be insane.
Nor do I generally.

Quote:
* The major appearance of Bateson and the Bozeman crew after this is in the novel Ship of the Line.
Ah yes, the Diane Carey novel I like to pretend doesn't exist.

Quote:
March 30th, 1992, "The First Duty"
CRUSHER: Wesley's allergic to metorapan treatments. I think they'll have to use a bicaridine substitute. I should send his complete records to the Academy infirmary. Of course, they probably have them already, but you can't be too sure.

I get that Beverly is under a lot of stress right now, but I still can't forgive this moment of idiocy. I expect the Academy to collect all necessary medical records of incoming students.
Yeah, but this is Starfleet, and a chance to have an unexpected allergic reaction is exactly the kind of dramatic opportunity to create a case of Starfleet Stupidity.

Quote:
This is a whole other screed waiting to happen, but it would require a lot of research that I don't care to do. Long story short, at 80,000 kph and ten meters away I would want autopilot to be doing most of the work!
Agreed.

Quote:
Brand: I have assigned Captain Satelk of Vulcan to assist me.
Crusher: Uh oh.

Satelk is played by Richard Fancy. He's been in a number of projects with other Trek alumni, but not McFadden. Is the fact that he's a Vulcan supposed to be the joke here? Crusher never had any problem with Vulcans, did she?
Crusher is hoping the investigators won't be able to pick apart Wesley's testimony . . . and now she finds out one of them is Vulcan.

Quote:
The Outcast

The fiver

Picard: Was this the place that launched a thousand ships and burnt the topless towers of Ilium?

Illium is another name for Troy of the Trojan War. I'm not sure why Marc would mix and match references to the Illiad.
They fought over a woman before and they might do it again? "Place that launched a thousand ships" is wordplay on "face that launched a thousand ships". It's enough for a fiver.

Quote:
* Picard agreed to add extra security to the cargo bay, so how did the Ferengi get in there? It occurs to me that all of the cargo bays should at least scan for a commbadge before opening the door.
Starfleet Stupid strikes again!

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs