Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 12:31 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I found a few new DeviantArt collections, that last post was just getting started.

A common motif is Mirror Universe Terran Empire clothes. I think most of these are trying too hard, Trek should not have JRPG fashion sensibilities.
TNG Season 1 cast fanart. No Tasha and Picard is a little scowly, but okay.
I'm noticing an interesting phenomenon-redesigning TNG starship classes for the TOS era and vice-versa. Here's a TOS era Nebula class. I do wonder why people still use those satellite dish deflectors in their designs.

A couple Star Wars aliens if they were Borg. I'm pretty sure Admiral Ackbar's race (which is apparently called "Mon Calamari") has mouths that don't look so much like whales.
What if the hullplate groves on Voyager were a lot deeper?

It's not everyday that you see a Cheron native in fanart, especially since Lokai and Bele were clearly the last ones.

A fan poster for STIII. I don't like how the guest stars have so much more poster real estate than the regulars, but it's a nice composition.
Kirstie Alley's Saavik in a TOS uniform. Although I thought the communicator went on the back of the belt and wasn't worn while aboard.
LEGO Enterprises aren't unusual, but I've never seen a collection this big. I'm pretty sure some of those ships are really from Star Wars, though.
What if Captain Janeway was on Winx Club? Now there's a question I never thought I'd ask...
Trek characters with lightsabres aren't unusual, it's when you give them anime hair and Batman utility belts that it gets weird...
What if a Constitution class crashed on a planet? Although I'm sure the Constitution class had a one-time-only saucer separation capability. And even if the ship was intact the nacelles would be wrenched right off by atmospheric turbulence.
A fanmade revision of the Defiant class called the Hornet class. They clearly put a lot of work into this, but I'm not a fan. The compact nature of the Defiant had a point, but upping the scale just looks silly.

Bill Murray in a TOS uniform
An interesting redesign of the D'Deridex warbird
The lirpa fight in an interesting animation style.

Casting real life celebrities as Starfleet officers isn't unusual, but putting them in fan-made uniforms for fan projects is. Hi Sam Neill!
Of course someone would put Pike, Number One (I REFUSE to call her Una!), and Spock's original actors in Discovery uniforms.
(Meaningless aside, but when I have to attach a name to Number One I default to Morgan Primus).
What a TOS-era Ten Forward would look like
Why does animated Duras look like a young Gorkon?
You'd be amazed how much fanart of M'Ress there is, but someone actually went out and made a doll of her!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.