View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 09:29 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Discovery Executive Producer says that the show blurs the line between a movie and television.

That's just asinine. If this has to be one or the other, it's television. If anything he should've used things like "science fiction" and "action" or "drama", that would make more sense.

Why fans should look forward to the series.

"It's safe to say that the trailer for Star Trek: Discovery was met with positive reception."

No, it's not safe to say that. At all. Talk about a presumptive statement.

Some YouTube comments from the trailer:

"a couple of inconsistencies here: 1) every starship had their own emblem before Starfleet decided to adopt the Enterprise's. 2) the Klingons, as explained in an episode of Enterprise, had human features. 3) "ten years before Kirk, Spock, and the Enterprise", depending on the stardate, the Enterprise was already deployed and was under the command of Christopher Pike, and their uniforms don't match. 4) the technology is way too advance from TOS."

"They are putting it on Netflix .... Netflix will air the episodes within 24 hours of their CS All Access release to every country around the world Netflix is available except the US and Canada. I imagine that, with this partnership, Netflix will air the entire season of the show after it is completed for its US and Canada customers as well."

"There's this thing called "continuity", you probably haven't heard of it, it's kind of important when making sequels and prequels."

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.