Thread: April 1
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 05:24 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0](Ten quatloos to whoever remembers where "schrok" is from.)[/quoteost_uid0]
It sounds a bit like the "strength ritual" chant from Galaxy Quest...

Anyway, I liked this fiver a lot. Â It's based on BTVS, and that's [iost_uid0]kind of[/iost_uid0] like an Angel reference (and there were references to the character of Angel of course).

Favorite part:
[quoteost_uid0]Most important, there was Noel, the sun god.
Noel: No, I explained this already. "R. A." stands for residence advisor. I'm not the Egyptian god Ra.[/quoteost_uid0]
ROFL! Â Best quote ever.

Other favorites:
[quoteost_uid0]Besides, by then David was getting his blood sucked on the side, and I wasn't too happy about that. So I dumped him.
David: Ow!
Out the window.
David: GAK!
From fifty stories up. I didn't like him much.[/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0]The voters called my bluff and elected Richard, who had run on a platform of clubbing me with a baby seal.[/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0]Ben dumped me.
Felicity: Ow!
But from only three stories. And I landed on Noel, knocking him out long enough for Meghan to restore his soul, so it was all good.[/quoteost_uid0]
[quoteost_uid0]Felicity: Nooooo! Why did he have to get caught in that fire?
Elena: You should have talked him out of taking a tour of the gasoline-soaked rag warehouse. Or at least not given Ben that match.[/quoteost_uid0]

And the ending is just awesome, especially the last half:
[quoteost_uid0]Javier was still not Giles.
Javier: Look at me! I'm riding a horse!
You're NOT GILES. Noel didn't die and actually ended up running a law firm, of all things.
Noel: You may have heard otherwise, but I swear, this firm is not evil. Why, just yesterday we organized a save-the-baby-seals effort. We threw homeless people at the guys who were clubbing them.
And me? Well, I see a bright future ahead.
Ben: Can't see the future, love. That's the ceiling. Also, it's night.
Yessir, a bright, bright future.[/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]