View Single Post
Old 07-28-2003, 09:40 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Huh. I wound up as [iost_uid0]The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe[/iost_uid0].

Literature-ish stuff just happens by threes. I think it's a standard number or something. Three brothers; three different attempts to win the day; three different stereotypes walk into a bar. I guess it's just what we're used to.

To continue with the idle speculation for the moment, I admit that for some time I've been idly considering asking a General Trek mod over at TrekBBS to run a poll asking posters how many books they've read, just to see (among other things) whether there would even be much of a target audience for Trek book fivers. One reason why I haven't bothered yet is that I can guess what sort of response I'd probably get, based on the relatively low level of activity in the Literature forum there. And I'm not sure how to keep the generality without losing the relevance anyway. I don't need to ask the Literature forum, they've had similar threads fairly recently.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs